Sunday, October 07, 2007

Week 4: Random Thoughts

This song just pulled at my heartstrings:

Be, Be Your Love - Rachael Yamagata

If I could take you away
Pretend I was queen
What would you say
Would you think I'm unreal
'Cause everybody's got their way I should feel

Everybody's talking how I can't can't be your love
But I want want want to be your love
Want to be your love, for real
Everybody's talking how I can't can't be your love
But I want want want to be your love
Want to be your love, for real
Want to be your everything, everything

Everything's falling, and I am included in that
Oh, how I try to be just okay
Yeah, but all I ever really wanted
was a little piece of you

and everybody's talking how I can't can't be your love
But I want want want to be your love
Want to be your love, for real
Everybody's talking how I can't can't be your love
But I want want want to be your love
Want to be your love, for real

Everything will be alright
if you just stay the night

Please, sir, don't you walk away don't you walk away don't you walk away
Please, sir, don't you walk away don't you walk away don't you walk away

Everybody's talking how I can't can't be your love
But I want want want to be your love
Want to be your love, for real

Wanna be your love love love love love
I wanna be your love your love love love

I love how she sings. And I've always loved to sing--though more in the privacy of my room, or anonymous among my fellow choirmates. But yes, music is in my blood, my lifesong, just as I love writing, or yoga. One day, maybe I can make something out of it.

In the teaching circuit, we've all been told to dress modestly, meaning a tank top showing little to no cleavage, and capris or at the very most shorts no higher than mid-thigh. That means no Shakti-esque shorts. Makes sense, though--we can't afford our students to focus on anything BUT the yoga! However, back in training, I remember Ren already telling us this: "no bikinis when you teach; be a model to everyone: wear a tank top and capris." What he said never left me as I began to teach; besides, I am not comfortable baring my stomach except when I practice, and even then it is to have a better practice!

Went to the Museum of Fine Arts on foot the day before yesterday from the studio. Fun--except when it started to rain. Luckily, I had grabbed a free magazine along Bissonnet: that was my umbrella (Note to self: bring your umbrella when you walk--at all times!) That plus I saw a dead squirrel along the path, oh no :( But at least the rain stopped, and wasn't super pouring, and by then, I had arrived at Montrose. I went to the Museum of Fine Arts. Oh, it was AWESOME. I definitely plan on going back one of these days. That plus they have Friday movie showings! Very nice. Weirdly, it took me about 20 minutes less to walk back, haha. Was all sweaty when I got back, but it was a nice walk. A bit long, but not so bad. I think on my next day off, I'll try riding the 18 bus to Wholefoods, or even all the way to Westheimer (I'm a bit nervous crossing the highway), or walking on Kirby to Rice Village. Fun. I accomplished something besides laundry ;) My feet hurt a bit afterwards, but Tiger Balm came to the rescue.

Have a class to teach in 2 hours. Gotta study the dialog, rev up my energy. It's been tough going back and hunkering down on the dialog, unlearning old habits I had no idea were there, where I had switched parts of the dialog around. Mike is right: unlearning them is so difficult, like an internal battle waging in your head! But when I do get it right, spot-on, it is the most beautiful feeling in the world. Gotta think of that, and forge on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A dead squirrel on Bissonnet. Wow, even that makes me homesick. I drive down there every morning to yoga at 5:45 and back at 7:45 a.m. Many times I brake for squirrels. Unfortunately other Houstonians don't.

If you can figure out the bus schedule you can keep going across Montrose and hit the light rail. $2 for the day. Get out at Main Street Square and head to the Angelika Cinema if you like movies. It's my favourite place.

Cathy