Saturday, January 20, 2007

Bits and Pieces

What I was told reverberated in my mind like a gong's deep knell. Seriously.

If I recall correctly, I was told, "You can't make a breadcrumb trail from one trail to the next forever; after a while, those crumbs will get mixed up, and then where will you be? Of course there are infinite possibilities, endless what-ifs, but take one path, and stick to it. Decide. To decide means to slay, so slay all other possibilities and forge on; enjoy that path. If it doesn't pan out, so what? Failure is part of growing up: it's part of the learning process. You get up and move on: with no breadcrumb trail."

In relation to this, I was told to "trust in others, open yourself up to new possibilities. How can you expect others to open up to you when you won't open up to them? As Baz Luhrmann said in his song, Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen), 'Do one thing everyday that scares you.'"

This whole enterprise itself is scary: leave stuff behind; no excess baggage being lugged around! And I have to trust in people more. Tall order: 2-in-1. But hey, there should never be stasis; we should always be pushing, changing for the better.

No comments: