Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Clearing the Past for the Present

Good grief; my head hurts.

I'm sleepy and hungry: I've been clearing years of correspondence--keeping what I still want, junking/giving away what I no longer desire (which is a considerable amount, because after a while, I realize that I no longer need as much, which incidentally, others can use more) I've also started to reach out to people I've neglected in the past--people who were so important before. I guess I got messed up, or at least my priorities changed. Well now I'm trying to make up, and see if it'll work, if even a little.

In any case, I'm not yet done. But at the same time, I also have to stay in the present, or try to. As much as contemplation--and solitude--are great, too much of it'll alienate others.

Time to plunge back and make room for present tasks and future dreams--but still keep enough to cherish.

No comments: