Wednesday, February 28, 2007

And the journey begins.

Holy..... Ohmygod, I'm going to Hawai'i. HAWAI'I!!!!!!!!! I was emailed Tuesday, February 27, 2007, that I've been accepted for teacher training. Holy, holy, holy.....!!!!!! Is this real? *pinches self, blinks really hard* But please God, I hope this is real!!!! 'Coz if it is, I'm totally committed; I've been hoping and praying for this, well, it's coming soon, and I hope I'll succeed in it. And this is only the start; hopefully there will be more to follow. Ayurveda, Jivamukti, Iyengar, who knows? Once there, I have to attend class here to prepare myself. Hopefully it won't be so expensive. Mapquest, I truly, truly love you. Thank you, H, for introducing the wonders of Mapquest.

To adjust to the timezone, I have to arrive in Hawai'i a bit earlier, hence the need to book a place. This will be my first time to book with an agent online, so I'm a bit cautious (she said skeptical). Thinking about getting travel insurance, but $$$, so maybe not. Hopefully, it'll be ok.

Training was moved from Los Angeles, though, where it would've been cheaper, and I could've seen as well as other veganfreaks from that part of town, stayed with my aunt in San Diego while adjusting to the timezone, possibly have my childhood nanny fly in from Vancouver, but no. Ah well, I'm hoping the facilities in Hawai'i will be cleaner, the place more pedestrian-friendly and the experience totally fulfilling. Let go, let go. This early on in the game, I already worry about my overabundant hair growth, what to bring and what to leave behind, and how to memorize the dialogue (when it arrives, which it hasn't: Saint Anthony, let it come to me safe and sound!), and I know I should let go. I can try. Those are also all for the future: I should focus on what I can do now, which is to have enough strength and stamina, be relatively free from injury, and have well-aligned asanas. Also, to read the journal. Then maybe make my own, hmm?

On a slightly different tangent, in relation to ahimsa, go watch A Peaceable Kingdom, if you need that last push to go vegan, or are even considering going vegan.

Go, go, go.

No comments: